I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Thursday, June 15, 2017

GG June 2017.... featuring a finish!!


Yes! I have a finish to show you.... I haven't FFO'd it yet but that hopefully will happen sooner rather than later (I know what I want to do it's just getting organised and doing it!)

Finish!
Dogs Leave Paw Prints - Lizzie Kate
Started: 14 May 2017 (start #40/2017)
Fabric: 28ct Jubilee "Sugar Cane Crunch" - Stitches & Spice
Threads: Weeks Dye Works
Finished: 5 June 2017 (finish #14/2017)

This is what Paw Prints looked like last month when I previewed it.  For those that didn't see that post I am stitching this for my sister (and her family) as a remembrance of her Golden Retriever Rosy that passed away late last year.


After a couple of stitching sessions this month I managed to finish it (it really was a very quick stitch!)
I am thinking of framing it with a picture of Rosy assuming I can find a frame the right size and shape to do that... will post another pic once I have FFO'd it.

During the last month I also did one more stitching session on another GG piece...

"Dream Big" - Country Cottage Needleworks
Started: 1 May 2017 (#37/2017)
Fabric: "Dawn of Spring" Jodyri Designs
Threads: DMC & Jodyri Designs
Gift from  Tiff (Tiffstitches A Blog)

The last pic you saw was this one when I first started it (it was only a small start):
It now looks like this:
I am stitching the bunny in a new Jodyri designs thread which I forget the name of! (I will need to find out and update my post... or let you know next time!)

So that's it for this month... not only did I have a finish happy dance... but I am on time for my GG post (wonders will never cease!)

Have a great stitchy week/weekend... and





Til next time, happy stitching
Jo from Serendipitous Stitching hosts the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL.  The GG SAL is about stitching charts/kits or using fabrics & threads that we have received as gifts, won in giveaways or anything that is intended be a gift or giveaway prize... or anything else that you can loosely use the word "gift" for!!  If you wish to sign up for this SAL, click on link here, or the button on my sidebar and you will be re-directed to Jo's blog.

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on the cute finish Noni and nice progress on the other.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your finish, Noni! You have been busy! Love the bunny .... looks really cute!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finish and great progress on the bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a finish and being on time for the GG event is worth two happy dances, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Dogs Leave Pawprints. I hope you are able to frame it as you want for Rosy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely stitchery for your Sis Noni...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful finish, such a sweet design.I'm sure your sister will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dogs Leave Paw Prints is an adorable design. Glad you were able to finish it. I can't wait to see Dream Big finished. You do a beautiful job with your stitching. --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the finish. What a nice gift. Great progress on your other piece too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for taking part in GG this month, the link-up post is now up.
    Congratulations on the Happy Dance for your sister. I do hope you can find a good frame for it.
    Nice new start too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice gift to your sister, I'm sure the dog will like it too. Bunny looks great, I presume it's one of that changing colors thread (one cross by one, hard to use for me. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on a lovely finish. I have not been cross stitching since last month . I have been knitting instead and you are my companion during that..I'm on video no. 5 now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥